we are opening on the 8/6/20
We are excited to be opening but ask for patients to bare with us while we deal with the emergencies that have built up over the last 3 months and bed in the new safety protocols we have put in place.
As there have been some changes in our everyday life, there will also have to be some changes in our practice. These changes have been made so that you as patients can have peace of mind that whilst visiting the practice every effort has been made to make that experience as safe as possible, this of course also applies to our fantastic staff who need to know that are coming to work in as safe an environment as possible.
So what have done and what do we plan to do to keep you all safe.
- We have invested in air purifiers for every clinical room and reception. These machines use HEPA(™) filters and UV light to remove larger pollutants and smaller bacteria from the air we breathe. The machines are capable of cleaning 500m3 of air per hour and we have bought 8 units.
- We have also bought extra oral suction units, so that when we perform any work in your mouth the particles that go into the air are immediately filtered away and prevented from entering the general vicinity. Those particles are filtered using a HEPA(™) filter and UV light to kill all pathogens.
- We have created a system where we can kill 99% of pathogens in the air by spraying a very fine mist of a product called Dentiguard in each surgery. Dont worry it’s not harmful to us, in fact, you can drink it if you so wish!!! After every patient has been in this will be done and all of the surfaces in the surgery will be wiped down ready for the next patient to come in.
- We have of course upgraded our PPE as required for each different type of appointment.
- We have extended our appointments to give us the vital time we need to make sure all of the above tasks get done to keep you safe.
What do we require from you to help us keep the practice safe.
Before each and every appointment we will be phoning you and asking you a few questions to make sure you are safe and well and that those that you have come into contact with are CV-19 free. Please don’t take this personally, it’s something we have to do to keep everyone safe, if you have an appointment the following week the same process will happen, as we all know a lot can happen in a week! If we cannot contact you in person to confirm these details we will have to postpone your appointment so please make sure that you return our calls, text or emails as we really want you to make your appointment. For us to do so please make sure we have the right contact details on file.
We are in the process of having a ‘Patient Portal, created for you to access at your leisure. From the portal you can reschedule appointments and fill in those vital ‘Medical Histories’, you can even pay for your treatment here.
During our screening call we will remind you of the new procedure for entering the building. To avoid ‘Social Distancing’ problems in the practice we would ask that you wait in your car before your appointment, all you have to do is text or call us to say that you are outside and as soon as the surgery is ready we will call you back and ask you to come into the practice. Don’t worry if you don’t have a car or a mobile phone we have some chairs in the waiting room that are all over 2 meters apart. As you come into the building you will notice 3 things we have provided for your safety, hand sanitiser, a mask and a pair of gloves to wear. Please use them, they are as much for your safety as ours. Instead of going into reception the nurse will meet you at the top of the stairs to make sure that there is no congestion with other patients and take you to the surgery or hygiene bay. If you would normally accompany your child we will be asking for your consent to see your child without you being present to minimise the risk to everyone else. This would only apply to children aged 13 and upwards, any child younger than that would have to be accompanied. If a partner would normally accompany you we would ask that you attended by yourself for the time being. After your appointment there is now no need to go to reception, you can leave the building straight away and one of the team will contact you later to make further appointments or to take payment.
We hope that this all makes sense to you but should you have any questions or even just some feedback please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team who will be more than happy to help.
Stay safe and hopefully, we will see you soon.