OK, so we know you’re busy and getting the kids to school on time or making that work deadline may seem more important, but Bleeding gums and other gum problems is something we take very seriously here at Ewan Bramley Dental Care, and if you want healthy gums and amazing dental care, so should you. Why? You may have read the recent study published by the national newspapers linking gum disease to arthritis. No?
Well, researchers from the University of Louisville’s School of Dentistry in Kentucky have said clean and healthy teeth can hold off arthritis and they’ve discovered a direct link between gum problems, gum disease bacteria and the early onset of the condition.
While this research is very much in its early days there is medical and scientific proof that gum problems can be very serious if you don’t visit the dentist for advice on how to treat them.
Did you know that gum problems and gum disease has reached an epidemic level around the world and it is linked to serious health complications like heart disease, diabetes, pancreatic cancer, tooth loss and low birth-weight babies?
No again? Don’t worry, there’s no need to panic, however Gum disease symptoms such as bleeding gums, receding gums and other gum problems should never be ignored and if you have any of these problems it’s vital you don’t ignore them. Ewan Bramley Dental Care takes the health of our patient’s gums very seriously and we make it our number one priority to ensure your gums are back on track quickly and safely before we work on giving you the perfect teeth and smile.
Many dental professionals and scientists believe that the inflammation that occurs in periodontal disease could be responsible for its association with heart disease and in one study that examined the relationship of gum disease and stroke, it was found that people diagnosed with acute cerebrovascular ischemia were more likely to have gum disease than those who did not.
So, how can Ewan Bramley help you?
Ewan Bramley Dental Care is one of only a handful of practices in the North East to employ full time Dental Therapists – university graduates who receive significantly more training than a dental hygienist allowing them to perform more advanced procedures. Our gum appointments to treat gum problems are an hour long as opposed to the ten minute slots most of us have become accustomed to.
We promise to give you:
– An in depth assessment of the health of your gums with the Florida Probe. This allows us to accurately monitor the health of your gums to make sure that your jaw bone is not dissolving away.
– The microsonic cleaning of any tarter. This is the latest technique to gently and comfortably clean your teeth and flush way any bacterial infection from your gums.
– The treatment of any infection with the “OzoTop”. This revolutionary new technology allows us to painlessly kill the bacteria that cause gum disease and bad breath. Leaving you with healthy gums and a fresher mouth.
– The removal of any stains from your teeth to keep them sparkling.
– We will show you any problem areas with the help of a brand new camera that can see inside your mouth. We can store images of these areas to check against at a later date.
How much does it cost?
Our gum maintenance appointments to solve gum problems are included in patient monthly plans or are priced from £98.
To find out more about gum problems, gum maintenance and treatment, call Ewan Bramley Dental Care today on 0191 259 6509 or submit your information here and we’ll get right back!