Tired of your ugly, misaligned teeth?
With the help of teeth straightening procedures, you can easily find a way to improve the condition of your teeth and make a significant change in your smile. There are actually many ways that your cosmetic dentist can use to help straighten your teeth. Read on to find out more about the ins and outs of teeth straightening Newcastle.
Why would you want to have teeth straightening procedures?
Having straight teeth can have a positive impact on your self-esteem as well as your facial appearance. In most cases, people who have straight and healthy teeth feel more confident. Also people tend to look at individuals who have clean, bright and straight teeth as more attractive.
But more than that, you need to know that misaligned teeth can actually cause more dental problems in the long run. It can cause teeth crowding, it can affect your bite and because it can be difficult to clean misaligned teeth, it might cause decay or gum disease. Some of the other problems that can develop because of misaligned teeth includes the following:
- Jaw problems
- Increase wear on some of your teeth’s enamel
- Chewing problems
- Speech difficulties
- Tooth loss
Teeth that are crooked are also known to get damaged easily. This is possibly because they are not anchored properly, or because they are at an awkward position. This is especially true among people who are involved in full contact sports. Aside from making you more prone to sports-related injuries, crooked teeth can also turn into a hazard whenever you get into brawls or accidents.
There are also dentists today who believe that neck, head and jaw pain are caused by crooked teeth. This is because crooked teeth can cause jaw misalignment.
> Want perfectly straight teeth? Get your zero-obligation consultation
What are the benefits of having your teeth straightened?
There are many benefits of having your teeth straightened. This includes the following:
- A more beautiful smile
- Teeth that looks healthier
- Improved oral health
- Easier cleaning
- Improved overall health because you are have less risk for oral diseases
> Interested in getting perfectly straight teeth? Call us at 0191 259 6506 today!
What teeth straightening procedures are available?
As mentioned, there are actually many ways for you to be able to straighten your teeth. These include the following:
- Getting Conventional braces – Conventional braces makes use of brackets, wires and other dental appliances to help straighten misaligned teeth as well as to correct the way your teeth is positioned. Your dentist measures the dimensions on your teeth and he or she will manually bend the wires in order to move each tooth towards its correct place.
- Lingual braces – This is another option that works much like conventional braces. The main difference is that instead of being installed on the front surface of your teeth, it is going to be installed at the back side near your tongue and palate. This makes it one of the best options for adults who are too embarrassed to wear conventional braces.
- Ceramic braces – This is also another option that adults might like simply because it is more discreet than traditional metal braces. This type of brace works the same way as metal braces but the main difference is that the appliances are made from ceramic, making them less noticeable.
- Clear aligners – This a unique way to straighten your teeth. This procedure uses clear plastic aligners that will help straighten your teeth over time. What makes it unique is the fact that clear aligners are actually removable braces. This means that you can remove it anytime you like and that the treatment will work for as long as you wear the plastic aligners for the recommended amount of time per day.
- Retainers – This dental appliance can also be used to help correct and straighten teeth. Retainers can also help correct your bite.
- Lesser known dental appliances – Dental appliances such as the Herbst appliance can help you get straight teeth by correcting the jaws in order for you to have the correct bite.
- Headgear – You can also have straightened teeth with the help of a headgear. This tool is meant to help children with a bad overbite.
Aside from common orthodontic procedures, there are actually a couple more options that you can choose to help straighten your teeth. These options can provide you with faster results and they are known as accelerated orthodontics.
Accelerated orthodontics is all about giving patients straight teeth through orthodontics but without the long waiting time. Accelerated orthodontics allows patients to avoid having to wait several months or a few years. However, these procedures may require you to have existing braces. Accelerated orthodontics will also require special equipment, are not widely available, and also have some limitations.
Some of the procedures under this type of orthodontics include:
- Surgical removal of tooth tissue
- MOP or micro-osteoperforation
- Propel Alveocentesis method
- AccelDent method
What is the ideal age for teeth straightening procedures?
In most cases, abnormal bites can begin to manifest itself in children who are 6 years of age. Orthodontic treatments on the other hand, can begin by the time the child reaches 8 years old. Allowing your child to get teeth straightening procedures early on can help your child in the long run simply because starting early allows you child to get optimal results.
However, this does not mean that adults can no longer expect to have good results. People of all ages can undergo teeth straightening procedures for as long as the dentist deems them to be a good candidate.
What to expect when looking for Teeth Straightening Newcastle?
If you are looking for teeth straightening procedures in Newcastle, we highly recommend that you call us at Ewan Bramley Dental care. At our <a href=”http://www.****.com “> cosmetic dental clinic Newcastle</a>, you can expect our dental specialists to provide you with a thorough clinical assessment as well as a list of realistic options that you can choose to help your teeth look great.
Our patients can expect to get our full care and attention to their dental needs. At our clinic, we can provide you with conventional braces, lingual braces and other teeth straightening procedures so you can finally get the smile you have always wanted.
>> Call us today and get your totally free consultation