Are you petrified to flash your teeth in public because you think they look bad? Are you worried you might have to don unsightly headgear for a perfectly aligned smile or will have to wear horrible looking braces to get there?
Well, not many of us – including the cast of Made In Chelsea – are born beautiful and millions of us here in the UK are embarrassed to speak or smile in public because of our crooked ivories and Ewan Bramley Dental Care understands how dental problems can become quite a burden to those who feel their smile is unsightly.
Fortunately, there are many effective options available today to restore a healthy and attractive smile and one of the most traditional ways is through the use of braces or clear aligners, like Invisalign.
While traditional orthodontic treatment calls for metal braces, many patients today elect to use invisible braces or clear aligners, like Invisalign, to straighten their smile.
Here, Ewan Bramley runs the rule over the traditional metal braces and the more modern clear aligners so you have all of the information you need while you consider your next move.
And Remember, Ewan Bramley Dental Care offers newer styles of braces similar to clear aligners like Invisalign, and in fact, our discreet fixed techniques are actually twice as fast and better than Invisalign! Submit your details here for more info.
Clear Aligners V Metal Braces
The ease, convenience and aesthetics of clear aligner systems, like Invisalign and others, make them attractive options for patients – especially adults – who are looking to improve their smile but prefer to avoid the look and perceived trouble of metal braces.
Clear aligners are very well-suited for patients with mild misalignment requiring minor adjustments.
The benefits of clear aligners:
– They are removable, and in fact must be removed for eating and drinking, which allows the patient to enjoy foods and beverages without worry.
– Hygiene is far better with clear aligners than fixed appliances.
– By removing the aligners, you can easily access all tooth surfaces to thoroughly brush and floss.
– Clear aligners are virtually undetectable if they fit well, enabling you to improve your smile without feeling self-conscious about it.
– Aligners make it easier to deal with a missing tooth or teeth throughout treatment.
Aligners aren’t for everyone!
While the advantages to clear aligners may be very tempting, there are some who might not be good candidates.
The benefits of fixed braces:
– Aligners don’t work for all cases. If dramatic tooth movement is needed, clear aligners are not the best choice. Only fixed appliances can deliver significant movement.
– In cases where smaller teeth need to be adjusted, clear aligners may not be able to do the trick. There’s simply too little surface area for the trays to properly grip the tooth and move it as required.
– Treatment with clear aligners can sometimes take longer than braces. Tooth movement with clear aligners is much more subtle, which simply takes more time.
– Wearing the trays can sometimes be a problem with clear aligners, which also impacts treatment time. Since they can be removed, the trays are easy to conveniently “forget.” When they’re not worn regularly, the trays begin to fit poorly and cause discomfort.
– The removable aspect of clear aligners also makes them easy to lose. No doubt thousands of aligners have been thrown out!
So, What Do I Do Next?
There’s no need to panic! Contemporary braces have come a long way in the past decade alone. Ewan Bramley Dental Care is able to treat severe problems with high-tech tools and techniques that eliminate the need for extractions in the majority of cases.
We offer newer styles of braces similar to clear aligners like Invisalign, and in fact, our discreet fixed techniques are actually twice as fast and better than Invisalign!
To find out more information about our treatments and Invisible Braces and to see the difference it can make to your life, contact us today and we’ll be happy to set up a free consultation.
Call us today on 0191 259 6506 or submit your information here and we’ll get right back to you!